Sunday, October 2, 2011
Non-citizens registered as voters DPM & EC mustn't be in denial mode
Media Statement by DAP Perak President and Member of Parliament for Beruas, Dato Ngeh Koo Ham, on 22.09.2011 in Ipoh:-
Clear proofs that non citizens have been registered as voters. Deputy Prime Minister and the Election Commission must no longer be in denial mode.
I am disappointed that Deputy Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and the Election Commission continue to deny that there are foreigners who are registered as voters in this country.
The following foreigners are registered in my constituency of Beruas:
Name MyKad No. Origin
1. Ghafar Bin Kaum 631020125267 Pakistani
2. Hawa Binti Ochik 201028715448 Indonesian
3. Ahmaddin Bin Rasid 600210125119 Pakistani
4. Bo Rashid Bin Jabboonam 091231617267 Indonesian
5. Arudkanth a/l V. Rajandran 690606085119 Sri Langka
6. Jahatanor Binti Ahmad 480811085446 Jawa
7. Matali Bin Yasir 470110105759 Jawa
8. Esah @ Pesah Binti Mat Saman 301102715082 Siamese
However, a check with the National Registration Department shows that there is no person with such MyKad numbers. The likelihood is that these foreigners have been issued unauthorised MyKads and they have managed to register themselves as voters. On polling day they will be allowed to vote using their MyKads because nobody will know that their MyKads are fake ones. As their names appear in the Voters’ list, they will be allowed to vote.
I also discover the following foreigners who have successfully applied for genuine MyKads and have registered as voters in my constituency:-
Name MyKad No. Origin
1. Ngoh Boi Teong 420815715105 Siamese
2. Janah Binti Toh Kee Jo 520417085636 Jawa
3. Eyam a/p Ooi Ah Kie 600210095124 Jawa
4. Baharudin Bin Throot 540617085479 Siamese
5. Nor Asiah Binti Hamsin 620529085380 Jawa
6. Sugumaran a/l Murugan 761130086065 Bangladeshi
7. Mustapa Bin Haji Jamil 370817085159 Jawa
8. Chaali a/p Ai Klin 720727025256 Siamese
9. Bahorom Bin Ngadir 510110085747 Jawa
10. Hassan Khan Bin Rahnatullah Khan 730403085227 Pakistani
11. Munaver Ahmad Bin Nazir Ahmad 730822085045 Pakistani
12. Sugarang @ Sughran Bibi Binti Md Yusof 440202085268 Pakistani
13. Mohamad Bin Ibrahim 591028125065 Pakistani
14. Barry Patrick Morgan @ Yusof Bin Abdulla 260902715189 European
15. Jariah Binti Wagiman 470913085616 Jawa
It is a well known fact that many foreigners have been able to obtain MyKads with ease. The complaints I receive is that it will be easier for foreigners to obtain the Malaysian citizenship if they are Muslims.
It has been so difficult for many Malaysian born residents to obtain citizenship for various reasons. Just like the case of Chan Ming Ying, aged 31 who was born in Malaysia and has been living in Malaysia whole of his life. He studied in Sekolah Rendah (C) Sg Batu and Sekolah Menengah Pantai Remis both in Perak and subsequently in the Johor Bahru Polytechnic. His only ‘sin’ is that his Chinese parents adopted him without going through the proper legal procedure. His adoptive Chinese parents have put their names into his birth certificate as the natural parents which are quite a common practice. His case was detected because his natural father was a Chinese and mother an Indian. His natural parents can no longer be traced. So, his skin is a little darker and therefore, the NRD refused to recognize him as a citizen. He is now a state less person holding a green card which allows him to stay in Malaysia only temporarily.
I call on the Home Minister and the Election Commission to clarify and rectify the above said matters.
Ngeh Koo Ham
Democratic Action Party (DAP)