Thursday, December 2, 2010

17 times asked debating budget not allowed "deprived of the rights" says Kah Woh



Press Release by YB Wong Kah Woh (ADUN Canning–DAP) at the State Assembly on 03.12.2010:

Sorry the People of Canning, I have tried my best and yet be deprived of the rights. I felt sad and disappointed over what happened this morning but the BN’s hegemony will never get me defeated. My spirit is even higher now and I shall continue to serve. YOUR MANDATE, YOUR VOICE, that is my promise.


We regret to note that the BN Speaker had ordered for the proceedings be started off with the winding up speech by Dato’ Seri Zambry Abd Kadir without further debates being called.

I have stood up for 17 times, ADUN Tronoh had stood up for at least 16 times and similarly to BN’s ADUN Slim had stood up many times requesting for the chance for debate yesterday. The Speaker had announced at 7pm yesterday that the sitting be adjourned and we presume that debates will be continued today (03.12.2010). There is no indication of any order for winding up speech by Dato’ Ganesan and there were at least 7 to 8 ADUNs still standing and requesting chance for debate at 7 pm yesterday.

I have complained to Dato’ Ganesan when I raised my supplementary question earlier on that I have stood up for 17 times yesterday and yet not being given the chance. The reply given was that “Jangan bimbang, saya akan beri peluang nanti.”

When the Question and Answer time lapsed at 10.10am, Dato’ Seri Zambry was asked to deliver his winding up speech. I got a shock. I stood up and told the Speaker that we still have a lot of ADUNs stood up before and not debated, among others include Canning, Tronoh, Tebing Tinggi, Pokok Assam, Bercham, Menglembu, Slim and Tualang Sekah. My mic was switched off when I tried to address my concern and request for the sittings be extended for another 2 days. The Speaker had turned down my request without assigning any valid reason.

The former MB Tan Sri Tajol Rosli stood up and said he had also not debated and he is not protesting. I replied him, the reason very simple, because he never asked for the chance to debate since yesterday!

This is a Budget involving RM863 million expenditure and RM30 million deficit. Dato’ Ganesan had once told ADUN Hutan Melintang on the very first day that “if your oral questions cannot be answered, you still have chance to raise during the debate.” But what happened now? My oral questions were listed No. 28 on the first day, No. 7 on the third day and No. 25 today and all were not answered. And now, I was being deprived of the chance to raise the same in my debate.

I have prepared my speech for hours and same to ADUN Tronoh. It had been 21 months since the grabbing of power in Perak and we were unable to speak. We wanted to raise the problems of the Rakyat and not our personal interest. Why are we being deprived the rights?

Sorry the People of Canning, I have tried my best and yet be deprived of the rights. I felt sad and disappointed over what happened this morning but the BN’s hegemony will never get me defeated. My spirit is even higher now and I shall continue to serve. YOUR MANDATE, YOUR VOICE, that is my promise.

YB WONG KAH WOH
DAP (Democratic Action Party)

No comments:

Post a Comment